Find Any File (FAF)
- Convenient folder and icon views for results
- Can search in other users' home folders ("root" mode)
- Queries can be saved for easy re-use
- Can be launched with a self defined keyboard shortcut
Find Any File is Shareware
You may try it out without buying first. Simply download it.
If you keep using it you are expected to pay for it, though.
New in version 2.3.2:
- Fixes search issues around macOS Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey.
- Can now search on new Google Drive.
- Search for inodes and diacritics-insensitive.
- Customizable Dock icon (ctrl-click on it!).
New in version 2.3.1:
- Fixes some critical search issues with macOS Catalina and El Capitan.
New in version 2.3:
- Native Apple Silicon (M1) code.
- Search for Tags
- Search for and display Date Last Opened and Date Added
- Works with Alfred, Keyboard Maestro, PopClip etc.
New in version 2.2.1:
- Fixes a potential crash.
- The Find window doesn't get excessively wide any more.
New in version 2.2:
- Ready for macOS Big Sur.
- You can now save and re-open the results.
New in version 2.1.1:
- Icons in Preview Grid should look correct again.
- Does not remove Volumes from Login Items any more.
New in version 2.1:
- Includes Spotlight for even faster results.
- Many bug fixes.
New in version 2.0:
- FAF is now a 64 bit app.
- Shows results as soon as they're found.
- Can search by Kind (Images, Audio, etc.).
- Can search with regular expressions.
New in version 1.9.4:
- Compatible with version 2 in regards to preferences and .faf files.
- Several bug fixes.
Purchasing Find Any File
Here you can purchase licenses that are meant to be used either as a "single user" (for accounts on any computers you and your household uses) or "single computer" (for professional use in a company where multiple users may use the same computer).
The licenses are for eternity, i.e. you only have to pay once. (I may charge extra for new features added at a later time, though they shall then be optional.)
Find Any File costs US $6 if you pay via Paypal or FastSpring. The App Store has a fixed price of $8.
You have the following payment options:
Choose FastSpring or the Mac App Store if you need a formal invoice!
Once you've paid via Paypal or FastSpring, you'll get instructions on how to stop the recurring purchase reminder in the program.
Note: I advise against buying from the App Store because:
- The App Store version is slightly more expensive due to higher charges.
- If you value Find Any File so much that you like to give me more than the minimum amount, you can do so if you pay via FastSpring or Paypal. (Many do, and it always lights up my day.)
- You get easier access to upcoming preview and beta versions by enabling the automatic update option in FAF's Preferences, which is only available in the app downloaded from this website, not from the App Store.
Paying with Paypal
You may either pay the minimum or pay more if you feel generous (I'd certainly appreciate it).
After payment, if you click to go back to the vendor's web site, you will be shown a page with instructions for turning off the "Purchase" reminder. You will also get an email with these instructions to the email address you're using with Paypal.
For purchasing a few more licenses use Paypal or FastSpring - both offer the option to enter a quantity.